Saturday, May 30, 2009

New camera mount for the Satria

So today, having decided that I will actually attend Sunday's track day, I thought it might be a good idea to mount a camera and record some on track antics.

So after work today, I headed over to my friendly metal fabricator and see what they could cook up.






Keong, mounting the custom fabricated mount. You can call him at 016 5530950 if you have any metal fabrication work including custom roll cages and welding work.

Completed Mount with a small Canon IXUS 80IS
We will see. I did a short test and it seems the Image stabilization helps a lot ironing out the bumps. Now the only thing I really need to fix is the (loudly) rattling auxiliary wideangle mirrors on my wing mirrors.

Given this is MK I, there are some improvements to me made. Keong is already working on MK II to improve clearence for larger cameras/camcorders.

No comments: