
WTF.
2nd October 2008. Almost the entire Northern part of the country gets broadband knocked out.
Out, disconnected for half a day. Fortunately its a public holiday. If it wasn't I would have had a boatfull of Managers breathing my neck asking why they can't check their email.
More reasons why I hate 'em?
1) Piss poor performance. I have a RM$88/mth 1Mb ASDL service. I have given up hope to see any more than 350kb/s to any site out of Malaysia.
2) Impossible downtime. I have had my service down for weeks at a time. And no, they don't give you a refund for the downtime.
3) Service? Can't comment on something that doesn't really exist. Look at pt. 2.
4) Bandwidth throttling. Hello streamyx, The reason I subcribe to the 1mb package is to use as much as what I buy (so ok, take out the IP stack, I should still get at least 800kb/s). What on earth are you throttling for when you can't get me any more than 350kb/s out of the country?
5) Oh, did I mentioned expensive? Rm$88/mth isn't really a big deal, but it is when you don't get what you paid for. I got a 5.5mb (Home) service at CAD$49.99 last time I bought "broadband".
I was asked once by some 3rd party survey company contracted by TMNET (provider of the piss poor Streamyx service) if I were to rate the top 3 priorities of an IT vendor as an IT Manager.
Answer : Reliability, Value for money, Service. In that order.
Next question : Please rate how well your current provider has attained those priorities.
Answer : Not even close. Yes, on all three.
Bear in mind, I'm on a corporate SDSL line that cost 10 times more than the home line for 1.5mb up/downstream.
This is how much bloat you get in the absence of competition.
/vent off
No comments:
Post a Comment